Adding more data to the equation, Whispr Group helps push sustainability communication further up the boardroom agenda
By Your Friends @ Whispr Group
Whispr Group might best be known for delivering insights that matter within Marketing, Branding & Communication to some of the largest brands in the world. We now wish to extend that expertise to help build research-based narratives that resonate with the public within a sector that is fighting an uphill battle. Building successful communication within this area is of great importance to us all if we are to reach our environmental targets for a more sustainable future.
Introducing Olof Gränström
Science Communication and Sustainability Communications must often bridge the difficult gap between heavy scientific data and forming a narrative that is easy to understand, yet impactful. It is in this sphere, between science, sustainability, and effective communication we look to expand.
An expansion within Sustainability Communication & Science Communication comes as a natural step as it has long been an important topic for us and our clients. We are therefore very excited to have strengthened our team within this area by recruiting Olof Gränström, a sustainability and development expert with 15+ years of experience. This will provide an additional set of skills that we can offer to those looking to maximize the perception, and communicative reach, of their sustainability efforts.
I’m excited to have Olof onboard – he’s a great guy with a lot of experience in the field. I’m sure he’ll be an asset to our clients and Whispr Group as a whole – Joakim Leijon, CEO & Founder, Whispr Group
The love of data & working with Mr. Hans Rosling
Olof has worked closely with the authors behind the acclaimed and renowned book Factfulness: Ten Reasons We’re Wrong About the World – and Why Things Are Better Than You Think. His keynotes and insights are based on facts and not fear or biases, and he provides a legitimate starting ground for understanding the world based on data.
It’s not that we today lack data, information or examples of how we work with making a company more sustainable. Sometimes the problem is making people understand what and why a company acts the way they do
– Olof Gränström
Q&A with Olof
1. What are the largest challenges within Sustainability Communication today according to you?
– Sustainability is such a broad and complex subject and communicating is very hard when you have to communicate based on facts, but most people have conflicting ideas, knowledge and beliefs about what is actually sustainable.
2. What can a more data-driven approach within Sustainability Communication give a Sustainability Manager or a Communication specialist out there, according to you?
– Make your communication easier, focus on the key stories you need to get through and use data to make sure you know how people will understand every nuance of your narrative.
3. What is your goal within the near future at Whispr Group?
– Helping companies navigate through the jungle of misconceptions that plague the subject of sustainable development. I think it’s a key to actually creating a more sustainable future that we all get a more fact-based understanding of sustainable development
A big welcome to Olof from the Whispr Group family!
New to Whispr Group?
For over a decade Whispr Group has harnessed big data to give the world’s biggest brands a better understanding of their customers. Our bespoke insights software combines cutting edge AI and machine learning to help our expert analysts deliver best in class actionable insights that empower decision-making. Typical uses of our insights range from optimizing marketing and communications/PR efforts to informing mergers and acquisitions.